Boots do really well with their Christmas Collection with a lot of exclusive products and I find amazing gifts every year. This Mini Matte Me Collection was a perfect opportunity to try out Sleek's liquid lipstick since I have heard amazing things about it.
There are 4 different shades in this collection; Old Hollywood, Rioja Red, Velvet Slipper and Birthday Suit. They are a mini size with a 3ml worth of product inside and comes in a similar packaging as the full size. It has a dove foot applicator and is travel-friendly. The liquid lipstick feels creamy to apply on the lips just like the NYX Soft Matte Lip cream but a little more watery. I find that one layer creates the perfect pigment on my lips although they do look different on me as I have pigmented lips.
The formula for all of them are matte but they have this lingering sticky feeling to help moisturise your lips. It does not emphasise your dry patches but some do settle in some of my fine lines- but all lipsticks and glosses do that. The longevity is great as long as you don't eat but it is easy to reapply and dries quite fast.
Old HollyWood is the darkest shade in the collection and is a deep berry colour. The colour of this is beautiful but I find that this can be a bit patchy when you are trying to apply onto your lips, therefore, I always have to swipe over once again when I am done creating the outline. This colour stains the lips and whatever you use to remove the lipstick it gets everywhere so be prepared when it goes all around your mouth. Because this is the darkest colour a lot of precision is needed therefore if you need to line your lips do this before hand.
Velvet Slipper is a deep brown-purple colour and reminds me of Kylie Cosmetic's Love Bite, I find that this has a slight tingly effect and feels quite refreshing, the colour does not suit me very well as it looks like I have bruised my lips - I really don't suit these purple toned lip colours but I want to experiment more. Velvet Slipper is the only one that has a fruity scent which smells really nice.
Rioja Red is a beautiful red colour with orange undertones almost looking Coral, this is a beautiful colour on me and I have no problems with this in terms of application. I think it's a beautiful shade for summer however, that means I'm not going to be using as often.
Birthday Suit looks like a perfect 'your lips but better' colour, but on my lips, the liquid lipstick looks like it has a cool undertone making me look like I am wearing an almost barbie pink lipstick. I find that this enhances my fine lines more compared to the others, but this will be great to mix the other shades.
Overall I find this collection to be fascinating and affordable. I do recommend to those who are wanting to explore with liquid lipsticks or dip their feet into Sleek Makeup. Their eyeshadows and blushers are amazing and are a great place to start if you are looking for something different in terms of colour without breaking the bank. I'm really glad to have this in my collection as it allows me to experiment and explore the liquid lipstick market that is going to stay. I am giving away a set to you guys who would love to get their hands on this and it will be international. Full terms and conditions will be listed below.
I hope you've enjoyed this review and I will link photos of me wearing the colours once I get a chance.
Until next time!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and conditions.
- The giveaway is open internationally, as there are no products that violate international posting regulations
- Please only enter the giveaway if you plan on sticking around ( I will check- this is for my supporters only)
- You must be a Bloglovin' and Twitter follower in order to enter!
- All entries will be checked and any false entries will be removed
- If you are under 18 please ask your parent/guardian permission to provide an address to me.
- The prize cannot be exchanged, swapped or refunded.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from me, should the item get lost/damaged/stolen, the responsibilities lays with the courier. I am under no obligation to provide replacements.
- The winner would be randomly selected via Rafflecopter and notified via email and twitter. If no reply has been received within 3 days from the initial contact, another winner will be randomly selected.
Good luck! x